Welcome to Penn Wood Foundation, Inc.
The Penn Wood Foundation is an independent, community-based organization formed to assist children of the William Penn School District and their families. The major goal of the Foundation is to enrich opportunities for the social and academic growth of students in the District’s six boroughs (Aldan, Colwyn, Darby, East Lansdowne, Lansdowne, and Yeadon) to provide equity of opportunity and academic excellence. Click here to Donate!
Penn Wood Foundation Linda A. Costello Memorial Scholarship in the amount of $6,000
To qualify for this scholarship:
- Applicant must be a female student.
- Applicant must have a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Applicant must be planning to attend a four-year university.
- Applicant must major in a STEM field.
- Applicant must submit an essay answering the following:
Think about an experience you had that inspired you to pursue a STEM major. What influenced your interest in that major? What career do you see yourself entering with this major? What steps have you taken to learn more about this major?
Penn Wood Foundation Vito C. Macri Memorial Scholarship and the Penn Wood Foundation Thomas and Jane Clark Memorial Scholarship.
Applicants must submit an essay answering the following:
- Based on your experience within the William Penn School District and taking into consideration your personal and educational goals, how would you envision yourself helping a student in a similar position in 5-10 years? What programs would you implement? What initiatives would you support? How would you get involved to help students achieve their goals and succeed?
Penn Wood Foundation Scholarship
These scholarships will be presented to four graduating seniors in 2020. In addition to academic success, these seniors have a positive vision of the WPSD education experience and the ability to overcome personal obstacles and challenges to demonstrate an eagerness to “Pay It Forward” through future efforts.
Penn Wood Foundation Julian V. Falana Business Scholarship
Given by Julian Falana, a business teacher at Penn Wood High School. This scholarship is presented to a graduating senior who has taken both Business Law and Entrepreneurship, and has achieved an 80 average or higher in each course.